
About a month ago I discovered the wonder that is Dr. Sketchy's Anti Art School. Holy crap! This is the best thing ever. The original was started in NYC but now they have chapters all over the world. It's a basic figure drawing session except that instead of regular models they have burlesque/other performers in funky costumes. Also it's at a bar. Ya know where you can drink…booze. Did I mention this is awesome?
Anyway, as you can see there was someone taking pictures there and lo and behold, I ended up on the website. (Just to clarify, I'm the one in the striped shirt, not the one in the platform heels)
The second picture is one of the sketches I got from the session. Unfortunately, there were no actual unicorns there, but it makes for a nice touch.
So that's right kids, my advice to you is drink and draw. (just not so much that you can't see straight...in college I tried to do my 2d homework after a party once, with less than satisfactory results.)
http://www.truthserum.org/ (Boston area)
http://www.drsketchy.com/ (general info)

No comments:
Post a Comment