Tuesday, March 29, 2011

There's Nothing Sadder than a Toast-less Toaster


Hello friends, foes and uhhh...fishes? Yeah, that'll work. What I've got here today is a fantastic immortalization of the mundane that I did as part of the Self-Proclaimed Rockstars new album, Postcards From Purgatory. The final artwork just got sent out to print, so I figured I'd give you a sneak preview of some of the illustrations I did for them. This project has been in the works for a long time and I'm totally stoked to see it finally see it in real life, (plus I got to draw things like toasters and people in a purgatory-like misery, both which I happen to be a big fan of,).

ALSO! The Women in Comedy Festival was amazing! I had an awesome time, met a lot of cool lady comedians from all over the country and my show went great! The highlight for me was seeing a the panel discussion with Rachel Dratch and Kristen Schaal, (from SNL and Flight of the Concords/the Daily Show, respectively) and Morgan Murphy and Jen Kirkman, two amazing stand-ups. They were not only hilarious, but super informative and it was awesome to be able to see them in real life. It felt like a dream, or like I had eaten a two-week old bologna sandwich that had been rotting in the sun, and the resulting fever dream had included a panel discussion about women in comedy. Hells yeah!

In other news, I have finally submitted to Twitter. Yeah, I know. I swore I'd never join, but in the name of shameless self promotion, I have become a total media whore. You can follow me at @christaweiss or just click the button on the sidebar. You know you love it. Admit it.



Self-Proclaimed Rockstars Album Release Extravaganza!
April 23rd
Middle East Downstairs


See my attempts at hilarity!
The Burren 3/30
10pm

Awkward Compliment
The Somerville Theater
8pm


Cheers!
christa

No comments: