Friday, February 26, 2010

...Not that there's anything wrong with that




A short and sort of crappy comic for you all! (I drew it in like 10 minutes during a meeting.) Needless to say my hair is almost exactly the same. Oh well.

I seem to have this problem where I'm pretty sure everyone in my extended family thinks I'm a lesbian. I guess if you're not really into the art/punk/whatever scene short/weirdly dyed hair, facial piercings and the occasional donning of combat boots makes everyone think you're into chicks. That coupled with the fact that I never really discuss my relationships with any of my family members puts the nail in the coffin for me. To be honest, I never mention anything because my love life is a ridiculous comedy of errors more than anything else. I don't talk about that stuff on the blog either (obviously) because, well, I’d like people to continue to want to date me. I'm not gonna go bad mouthing exs in a public forum, it's just immature. Besides, that's why I'm doing standup…(Just kidding!...Really!)

Anyway...the next thing I’ve got here is kind of Mardi Gras inspired. Fun Fact: Mardi Gras was not originally all about showing your tits for shitty plastic beads, getting wasted and waking up in a ditch covered in your own (or someone elses?) vomit, with a midget, a strange old Creole man and an alligator. It was the celebration before Catholics fasted for Lent (the 40 days before Easter). (Catholic school kid guilty as charged! )Now, I’m defiantly an Atheist, but come on man. Some of that shit’s gone too far. Also, it’s always on a Tuesday which blows. How am I supposed to get smashed and wake up with a midget when I have to work the next day? Laaaaaame.

Alas, I must get my drink on/carousing for midgets done during the weekends!

Cheers!
xta

2 comments:

Manu said...

I have exactly the same problem because I usually cut my eyebrows, that are thick lol.... Then I usually say "well I'm not gay, I'm just Libra", or when I'm in a foreign country, "I'm not gay, I'm just a french who cleans himself !" :) ) ) ) ) ) ) )

LauramomBoston said...

hahha I was 37 with 6 kids when I finally got the tattoos..and all of a sudden my neighbors were asking me if I was a lesbian now. WTF!? :P