Friday, April 9, 2010

Something clever about double mint gum and twins and those old 80's commericals that in retrospect didn't really make much sense




Yegads! It's been a while hasn't it? I'm in the midst of doing my nautically themed zodiacs for Tall Ship Sexy, so I thought I'd give you a peak of what I've got in the works. I'm trying to make this a little different from the traditional versions of the zodiac. Gemini, of course, is by far my favorite. I'm a Sagittarius, so I've been trying to make that one super-awesome, but to be honest, it seems a bit lackluster to me. I was trying to go for centaur-pirate, but he ended up just looking like an English dandy, which is decidedly not piratey or manly or um... enticing in any way. Give me a centar with some muscles, that's what I say! Rawwr!...um actually...ewwww. I take that back. I need to stop faux lusting over mystical creatures, it's ruining my cred (and my ability to be taken seriously by the opposite sex).

In completely unrelated and unimportant news, my stand up grad show went really well! I got a bunch of laughs and everyone seemed to have a great time. This may be in part because a bunch of people were really drunk, but hell, I'll take what I can get. I'll be hitting up some more opem mikes in the area now that I'm slightly less busy. I'm still buried under a stack of commissions, but my family obligations are taken care of for the time being (my parent's care to visit, then my bro came to visit, then I went home for that bunny holiday,etc.). Man, if only I didn't have a full time job I'd be totally set with all the stuff I've got going! Ya know, except for the whole paying rent thing. Fuck it, I'll sleep when I'm dead.

cheers!
christa

No comments: