Friday, May 21, 2010

Every post menopausal women's worst nightmare, revealed!




Hey Hey! I've got lots of stuff in the works, but nothing I can really post today. I still haven't finished inking the last couple of pages of my vacation sketch journal either, so you'll have to wait until next week for that as well. In it's absence, I bring to you another edition of Random Things That I Have Crafted.

So yeah. It's a baby head that I painted like a Mexican sugar skull. More specifically, it's a Precious Moments doll head. Remember those cutesy little statues that your mom and/or grandma would collect of a little boy down on one knee giving a little girl an engagement ring or I dunno getting caught taking a piss or something (all in delightful pastel colors, of course)? Yeah, it's one of those...well not so much anymore. A women I used to work with had 2 entire china closets full of them...gaah.

One of my friends found them at a thrift shop and called me immediately. The conversation went something like this:
"Hey, I just found a bunch of creepy ceramic baby heads. You want some?"
"HELL YES I DO!"

I'm fairly certain that I'm one of the only people in the world that could a)actually receive this type of phone call and b) be as excited about it as I was.

It takes all kinds friends!


cheers!
xta

No comments: