Friday, September 17, 2010

Self Proclaimed AWESOME!


He's a little logo rework I did for the Self Proclaimed Rockstars. I met Mick the guitarist/vocalist/self referentialist at an open mike I frequent. In addition to being an awesome musician, he's also an equally awesome comedian.

Oddly enough, the worlds of comedy and music have many parallels and often intersect (sometimes disastrously so) in the world of open mikes. It's funny how intrigued most of the musicians I know are about comedy, since our worlds are essentially the same. We both stay up all night, hang out in shitty bars several nights a week, drink too much and have family/friends/lovers (ha!) that are deeply deeply disappointed in us.

Most comedians and musicians stories are the same...I tried school/work/relationships/attempting to act like a normal human being and well, that shit didn't work out so now I tour all the time/have a drinking problem/hate myself. What better way to spread your personal sadness through the world of performance art? I dare say, there is no better outlet.

Anyway, I've got more work for SPR coming up, in addition to a myriad of other things. Stay tuned!


Some plugs!

SPR every Thursday in October at the Precinct, Somerville
Tix $5


PIZZA MONSTER Open Mike Hosted by Mick Greenwood
6B Lounge, Boston
comedy/music/whatever
8pm


Keep spreading the sadness!


<3
Christa

No comments: