Thursday, December 16, 2010

....and then the Evil Snowman Army Saved Christmas


By now you've probably noticed my penchant for drawing anthropomorphic inanimate objects, particularly the evil sort. Today, my friends, is no exception. I present to you, in the Christmas spirit, an evil snowman army for the Self-Proclaimed Rockstars. They've got a kickass shindig this Saturday and all benefits from the show go to the House of Blues Foundation. To be honest with you, I have no idea what this charity actually funds, but it should be umm nice?* Yeah.** Anyway, the last time I thought about making any donations was when I had the note $ 4 Charity written on my hand. It looks innocent enough, until you find out that Charity is the name of my drug dealer. I'm reveling in the irony I tell you, reveling.

Anyway, I've got a kickass show coming up in a couple of hours and a bunch of others in the coming weeks. Check em (out)! Then go to SPR's show and donate cash to a charity that you know virtually nothing about. You can feel good about yourself with out actually doing anything except getting drunk and watching a great show. My kind of goodwill!


My Shows!(comedy)

Nicks Comedy Stop 12/16, 8pm! (tonite!)
Awkward Compliment 12/30
Grandma's Basement 12/31
Improv Boston 1/1
The Comedy Studio 1/9


Friends Shows (music)


The Self-Proclaimed Rockstars
12/18, 8pm
House of Blues Foundation Room

Continental (opening for the Street Dogs!)
12/18
The Paradise, 7PM

12/19
TT the Bears


Cheers!
christa





*Be sure to read my public apology when I later find out the HOB Foundation actually funds the New Hitler Youth of Afghanistan. Word on the street is that it's full of communists and pedophiles.

**Okay I just looked it up. According to their website, this is what the HOB Foundation actually does:

IHOBF reaches thousands of students, teachers and others annually nationwide with arts and cultural educational programming that promotes cultural understanding and encourages creative expression.
http://www.ihobf.org

...definitely something I can get behind. I still prefer drugs though...

1 comment:

Tony Geist said...

Hello. I'm an aspiring comedian too. I hit a wall awhile back and took a break from it. I'm planning on getting back into open mics. and other shows together soon. Best luck to your endeavor! By the way, if you happen to ever talk to the Street Dogs guy's in Boston, tell them their fans in Omaha, NE miss them and they need to get back out here soon!