
My blog is two years old today! Holy crap! I've wasted a lot of everyone's time! Thanks, 10 followers for being cool enough to truly understand the breadth of my genius. You and yours will be spared when when I send a plague of locusts upon the earth and blood rains from the skies. Consider yourselves lucky.
This whole thing is not quite what I thought it would be initially, (basically just a place to post design work because I'm too lazy to frequently update my portfolio site) but I was, and am still having fun with it. I love to be able to show off my design work and it turns out, I've been deemed to be a relatively entertaining writer by my friends, who would definitely not lie to me in order to protect my feelings. Heh.
Anyway, having this thing has really facilitated getting me into comedy. I realized that for some reason, people seem to be interested in what I have to say, regardless of my lack of any sort of credentials and the fact that I have nothing interesting to say. It's safe to assume that basically everything that comes out of my mouth is pretty much tongue-in-cheek...which is great for comedy, but terrible for personal relationships, office politics and pretty much every other area of life.
So thanks guys! I'm stoked that you like my artwork and continue to commission me for things. Also, thanks to all my friends who've supported me in comedy, given me advice and helped me make the transition from fucking terrible, to terrible, to not that great. I hope one day to make it to mediocre. Ya gotta have dreams, folks!
Upcoming shows
12/9 Fody's, Nashua, NH
7pm doors, 8pm show
12/16 Nick's Comedy Stop, Boston
8pm
Cheers!
christa
Note:
The piece up top is a commission I did for my friend and awesome comedian Josh Gondelman. It's a fake album cover, based on an inside joke he has with his girlfriend. It will most certainly get him laid...and that my friends, is what life is about.
3 comments:
Hi. I was just randomly going through blogs based on the links on my profile page. I think I happened on your page through one of the band names we have in common. Anyhow, I saw as I read your blog that you are now an aspiring comedian. Best of luck to you! I'm also aspiring. I haven't been ont he mic. for a few months, but plan to get back on soon. Just hit a wall with it recently. Best wishes on your trek!
Thanks man! Comedy is a cruel mistress. Good luck to you as well!
That is definitely true. Omaha's not real big, so the comedy scene is limited, and it feels like it's hard to break through the clique walls of the guy's that have been doing it a little longer and get put on the shows that they put together. I took it upon myself to put together a show in July at the bar where I started doing open mics. I sandwiched a few local comedians that have been doing comedy for 1-4 years in between some local punk and metal bands. I emceed it. It was a blast! It came off really well. I think I just poured so much energy into it, I kind of tapped myself out for awhile, but I'm not done.
Post a Comment